Eligibility for a scholarship includes:
- Have connection to the states within the SWEA Washington DC Chapter; District of Columbia, Maryland, or Virginia.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Provide evidence of acceptance at the institution where the study or the project is going to take place
An application for a scholarship should include:
- Brief description of the applicant
- Detailed description (no more than a few paragraphs) of the proposed study or project and how the money will be used
- Copies of relevant transcripts
- Two references (please provide email and telephone numbers)
What is the scholarship amount?
$10,000 is available in 2021 (a single applicant or two applicants, determination by the scholarship board)
Time frame project need to be complete by?
The project need to be completed within 18 months of receipt of the funds. A report, with an account of how the money was spent, should be turned in at the latest within two months after the end of the project, by each scholarship recipient or organization that received a donation.
Who can apply for scholarship?
- Students affiliated with a DC, Maryland or Virginia university
- Non-profit organizations or Individual researcher located within the SWEA Washington DC Chapter; District of Columbia, Maryland, or Virginia
- The applicant should be a well-merited person(s), such hold an undergraduate or graduate level of education, or currently studying at such level
- Be an individual pursuing a specific course, project, or development in or about Sweden, including but not limited to, artists, musicians, performers and writers.
What is the scholarship application deadline?
Deadline to apply for scholarship is the May 15, 2021.
Where should the scholarship application be sent?
All application materials should be sent via email to SWEA Washington DC Donation and Scholarship Committee. Email address: sweadcscholarship(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)gmail.com
When will scholarship awards be announced?
Awards will be announced in June 2021.
Scholarship will not be awarded to member or members relatives.
SWEA WASHINGTON DC DONATIONS
SWEA Washington DC will award up to $2,000 in 2021 to individual or organization located within the SWEA Washington DC region, of either District of Columbia, Maryland, or Virginia, towards an activity or project that preserve or promote the Swedish Culture and language. Through a specific activity, the arts with concerts, theater and exhibitions, or education.
Where should the donation application be sent?
Donation application should be sent to sweadcdonation(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)gmail.com">sweadcdonation(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)gmail.com
What is the donation application deadline?
Deadline to apply for donation is October 15 2021.
Donation will not be awarded to member or members relatives.
SWEA Washington DC is the local arm of SWEA International, a non-profit organization, whose purpose is to support and preserve the Swedish language, culture, education and tradition. SWEA Washington DC therefore financially supports only scholarships that agree with these purposes.