Eligibility for a scholarship:
- Having connection to the states within the SWEA Washington DC Chapter; District of Columbia, Maryland, or Virginia.
- Being at least 18 years old
- Providing evidence of acceptance at the institution where the study or the project is going to take place, if the applicant is an academic.
An application for a scholarship should include:
- Description of the applicant
- Detailed description of the proposed study or project and how the money will be used
- Copies of relevant transcripts
- Two references (please provide email and telephone numbers)
What is the scholarship amount?
SWEA Washington DC will award up to $8,000 in scholarship for 2023.
Time frame project need to be complete by?
The project should be completed within 18 months of receipt of the funds. A report, with an account of how the funds were spent, should be submitted two months after the end of the project.
Who can apply for scholarship?
- Students affiliated with a DC, Maryland or Virginia university
- Non-profit organizations or individual researchers within the SWEA Washington DC Chapter region; District of Columbia, Maryland, or Virginia
- An individual pursuing a specific course, project, or development in or about Sweden, including but not limited to, artists, musicians, performers and writers.
Deadline to apply for scholarship is the June 30, 2023.
Where should the scholarship application be sent?
All application materials should be sent via email to SWEA Washington DC Donation and Scholarship Committee.
When will scholarship awards be announced?
Person(s) awarded will be notified in July 2023.
Scholarship will not be awarded to member or members relatives.